Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Payoff


Quinn had a Zoom meeting today. You might recall my feelings on Zoom from yesterday's rant, but I was actually excited for Quinn's Zoom, because she's four and it would be a lot cuter than my Zooms. Quinn was also VERY excited. She planned what she would wear last night (because everyday for Quinn is a fashion show). This morning she was getting into her Elsa best in prep for her meeting while I made the Queen's breakfast. I heard her telling Matt that she was just too busy for breakfast because she needed to get her makeup on, get a braid in her hair, find her best necklace, and find her wand and her crown. Please. PLEASE. Clearly she does not take after me. Before my Zoom meetings I'm wondering how to best wear my hair so no one can tell I haven't washed it in 3 days. 

Just so you can get the full effect...down to the heels.

The Zoom meeting happened. Her fabulous teacher read them a story and then they wrote a story together that they are supposed to illustrate this week. Quinn was happy to see all her friends and her teachers. One of her teachers also sent her a video today. It was a great day to be Quinn. I also loved this because I love Quinn's school and teachers so much, and I miss seeing everyone there everyday. 

I had my own Zoom meeting with my Counseling supervisor today to go over more and more rules and protocols for how we are handling the next few months. Quinn and I did get to make some gluten free (the only flour available at the time of purchase) banana bread for our first pandemic baking adventure. Other than these events this day was pretty much the same as our other days recently - sight words, reading, artsy things, cards, games, walking. 

Today was monumental for one other reason. I PAID OFF MY STUDENT LOAN! This is huge. Well it was huge. That thing has been looming for a long time. My minimum payment per month was HUGE, and we have been paying far more than the minimum for a LONG time to get rid of it. I'm glad it's gone. I have to be honest, though. When I envisioned this day for so many years I really thought it would be accompanied by a dinner out, or planning a lavish vacation. But here we are in the middle of a pandemic. I get neither. One day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment