Friday, April 17, 2020

Bag Lady

The contents of just one of the many bags
Quinn is a bag lady. Seriously, has been since before she could talk. She loves to just pack bag after bag with tiny parts of things and carry them around. When she was really small she would carry multiple bags, probably totaling more than she weighed, around the house. This drives me crazy. She can never find anything because everything is always dumped at the bottom of a bag. I occasionally venture into the playroom to try to restore order and spend hours reorganizing the contents of the bags. I do not understand this. I let the playroom go for the last few weeks after a big clean out on day one or two of quarantine. Tonight I tackled the bags in prep for deep cleaning the house tomorrow. I just shook my head the whole time. We found a lot of missing things though.


In academic news, I've been receiving some criticism from the non homeschooling parent about my focus on literacy skills (deep eye roll here, incase you aren't sensing my tone), so today we did some math activities, mostly games. We facetimed with my parents and took a very long walk after lunch back down to the creek. It's been colder this week, and rained a bunch, so we hadn't been there in awhile, but it was fun to go back today and find more painted rocks on the way. There are some serious rock painters in this neighborhood. 


The tent was revived after the walk and then I went on my miles alone. I also learned what about some ridiculous prank today called Swatting. Apparently someone in my neighborhood got Swatted and what seemed like the entire police force, complete with shields, assault rifles, and helicopters came. Google it. I hope someone is in big trouble. Anyway we made Thug Kitchen's Chickpea Burritos for dinner. I love this recipe so much. We eat it regularly, and tonight it was with some edits, but still delicious. We sent the bag lady to bed after we watched the Tivo-ed Disney Singalong from last night while she was dressed as Elsa of course. I hope Elsa is ready to feel a little like Cinderella tomorrow as we clean the house for our big weekend plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment