Sunday, April 19, 2020

Let's Go Fly a Kite


Well weekend six was a throwback to when I use to clean my own house. Backstory...I had always wanted a cleaning person. It's not that I mind the actual task of cleaning, I hate that I have to spend a portion of time on the weekends to clean instead of spending time my family. Matt finally caved and gave me a temporary cleaning lady gift for Christmas in 2018. I said that's fine, but you'll have to be the one to tell them we don't need them anymore, and so they've stayed. Until now. We decided not to have them clean during the pandemic. So all three of us deep cleaned the house on Saturday.

It was also a super windy, but sunny day. We went out for a walk and Quinn lived out her Mary Poppins kite flying dreams. Two things I am grateful for during this time period are increased time spent with my family and being able to get back into running. I got lots of miles in this weekend as well. Other than this it's been a kinda lazy weekend around here. There is a giant tent currently located in the playroom. There are toys strewn about mostly everywhere, making it feel like the house is already a mess again, but I'm trying to remind myself it's just a disorganized mess, it's not actually dirty.

We are down to the not very exciting food in the house, which is not a great situation, but handle-able. I put in an order for pickup at Harris Teeter with the earliest time slot I could find for Friday afternoon, so we are going to make due until then. I already miss Wegmans. We were also able to watch the Dolphin documentary on Disney+ last night. The Disney nature films have been a welcomed break from Frozen II and Mary Poppins. Now if I could only convince her to not put the Elsa dress on every. single. morning.


Quinn sets this lunchbox and keyboard up as a computer a lot, but now it has transformed into a Zoom meeting with the Wizard of Oz characters as well

No comments:

Post a Comment