Monday, April 6, 2020

Spring Break


Well here we are...spring break. Not really what I was expecting, but nothing is anymore. Today was pretty lax across the board. I ran a few miles this morning while Matt did the breakfast routine which now includes weather and calendar discussion. Quinn and I worked on a birthday cake Lite Brite for her cousin's birthday today, and I listened to the DC Mayor's briefing while we were putting that together.


I still can't get over how ideal the weather has been for the most part. I actually got sunburn yesterday. Today was the same. We went out for our long walk before lunch. Quinn loves to go down to the creek that runs alongside our neighborhood now. I actually had to beg her to go home today. I'll take it.

Just wanted to throw rocks
This afternoon we had a previously scheduled appointment with Quinn's allergist. We were still able to keep the appointment, but we did a video call instead. Luckily, the appointment was just a follow-up/planning for how to proceed with allergies in the future and nothing major. After we played egg hunt in the yard, taking turns hiding eggs and finding them.

We are scraping together meals the next few days before going out for groceries. I haven't been full grocery shopping in two weeks. I'm planning to hold out another day or two, but want to get there because the news is that we should avoid grocery shopping in the next two weeks. We closed out the evening with a game of Sorry and scrubbing a nearly empty refrigerator. Exciting times continue.

How I entertained myself while Quinn threw rocks and sang songs at the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment