Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Supermarket Sweep


It was a much better day on the behavior front today. Hallelujah! Quinn did have more screen time today alone than in the whole month of February, but whatever. I went to Wegmans at 7:00. I think I almost cried three times. I was tired, hungry, no coffee, wearing a mask and gloves that made me hot and my glasses foggy, it was terrible. I do not know how medical professionals wear those masks ever, let alone all day. I saw one of my coworkers and we stood over six feet away talking for a few minutes. It's honestly crazy and it's a little bit like Supermarket Sweep. I had a massive list because I hadn't been to the store in over two weeks and I don't intend to go back for another two, hopefully three. The selection was better during this trip, so that's good. I got almost everything I wanted and everything we need really. The procedure to check out was different. In addition to cart distancing lines on the floor all over the store, they have a line where you have to stand to unload your cart from and you are not allowed to cross it until the checker calls you when he is finished. The checker also stands behind a shield attached to the lane and comes out to sanitize between customers. I was never so glad to get back into my car.

Note: I am not hoarding N95s. This is leftover from our kitchen cabinet redo a few years ago.
We have been cleaning everything as soon as it comes home so it took us forever to unload the car, clean food, sanitize packages, organize, etc. Then wipe down the kitchen, change clothes, etc. I finally quit at 11:00, and still have to deal with bulk chicken breasts before I put them in the freezer. So that's four hours dealing with grocery shopping. I told Matt to never let me complain about grocery shopping in the future. 

After all this I made Quinn do some reading and sight words, then go out for miles with me, and then we came home for lunch. I set Quinn up with her new paints while I did a few things for work. Then we went out on the porch so I could read a chapter of my book and she wanted to do math apps. It sounded fine to me. 

We are finishing out the evening with our bonus pandemic movie night. We are watching Onward...thanks Disney+


No comments:

Post a Comment