Sunday, April 5, 2020

Weekend Four


Something that has really surprised me about these quarantine days is how quickly they go. In theory, you would think the days would drag on, but I feel like before I know it - it's lunch time and then it's bedtime not too much later. It's weird. Mostly because I just want this to be done and go back to normal.


This weekend was pretty laid back. Saturday we got up on the later side and then got busy changing all the beds in the house (exciting stuff). Then the boxes of food I left sitting in my office at school were delivered to my house (YAY!). I unloaded as much as I could our last day of school, but also though we would be going back after a few weeks. It was rescued last week. We took it to a local food shelter along with some milk. We haven't really driven around much, so that was different.


We went for a walk on our neighborhood trails when we got home and then organized/cleaned out our garage. I went for a few running miles by myself and then we had movie night...Mary Poppins, again, because it was Quinn's pick.

Today we had breakfast on the porch, went inside to watch church, and then took our walk. It was another beautiful day here. We have been so lucky with weather. After lunch we spent most of the afternoon outside. Quinn had picked out a rock painting kit the Friday before the lockdown. I pulled it out today and we spent time painting them this afternoon. We hid a few around our neighbor's yards as well.

Quinn has been lucky to get a few porch drop offs this weekend too. A new book and a new Lite Brite! Novelty is key these days. We are lucky to have people coming up with things to drop off. We are also happy to see other people from a distance. I miss other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment